Friday, July 1, 2022

July 1, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Busy Day.

 Anna and I got a lot done yesterday.  We had a busy day.  On the way to work, she stopped to shop at the grocery store.  We had made a list of all the last minute groceries before visitors arrive.  We have a system.  We make a list, then she shops and pays for the groceries using her credit card.  When Anna arrives home here, she gives me the receipt and I give her a cheque, which she immediately deposits   into her bank, using her phone.  After putting away all the groceries and finishing our breakfast we headed into town.

But before Anna arrived here, the wood was delivered for David.  The same man has been delivering wood for David for 21 years.  The older man actually remembered David.  "A big man from Texas", he said, which was true.  I paid him in cash so our first stop in town was the bank to get me some money.  We have a system there too.  Anna uses the cash machine using my card so it is quick.

Our next task was to pick up the bikes at the outfitters, who have been checking the bikes.  One bike was too old to fix so now we have three, but all in good working order.  And along with help from the outfitters, Anna  loaded the bikes onto the back of the truck.  Our last stop was Atlantic Sands where we were picking up 4 quiche the lady baked that morning.  On the way home we stopped for mail.  And we decided to eat lunch at home as we were short of time.

When we arrived home, the lawn service people were there so I was able to talk with them.  They had not been cutting the lower lawn, nor the path to the fire pit and lower deck.  And while we were eating lunch, the man came to repair my driveway, which had eroded in spots.  After putting up my legs for an hour, Anna and I drove to Sue and Steve for lemonade.  We had had a productive day.

No comments: