Tuesday, July 5, 2022

July 5, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The First Job.

 We all remember our first real job.  Now I am reliving it all with Mary Frances.  I can recall the thrill along with the anxiety that comes with the first time was given my first teaching position.  Mary Frances graduated from College in May.  Two weeks ago she was offered two positions, both in Mississippi.  It took her two days to evaluate the offers.  And finally accept the one offer that she liked the best.  I am thrilled for her.  After all, English majors  I am told have trouble getting jobs.

Mary Frances will be working in the grant department of Millsaps College in Jackson.  She begins work on July 12, the day after she returns from Nova Scotia.  She writes very well.  Now she will be  learning a whole new field, that of applying for grants.    The other offer was from the University of Mississippi publishing House but her responsibility there was a bit vague so she selected the Millsaps job.  I am so pleased for her.  And I too am excited to watch her successful career.  Hats off to Mary Frances.  She will be earning a living wage!!

No comments: