Friday, July 8, 2022

July 8, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Back.

 Normally I do not complain or discuss my ailments.  But this time it is different.  My back has been hurting. Throughout my life, I have had no troubles with my back until now.  My back has been hurting for a week.  I have no idea how it got hurt.  Perhaps one of the chairs gives me trouble.  All I know is that my back is killing me.  

At first I used tylenol during the day.  And heat.  But my back got worse.  Finally I asked for help. I called on my trusty Norm, who heads up the pain clinic at McMaster University.  He suggested a muscle relaxer so he ordered a prescription to my local pharmacy.  Christina picked it up yesterday and I think I am a bit better.  This is the second time that Norm has bailed me out on this one trip.  Until now, I have never needed to use Norm.  The poor fellow.

And I am also using ice, not heat.  Christina looked up back problems and it seems that ice is better.  So I am using ice several times a day, plus medication for pain plus the muscle relaxer.  It all makes my legs shake but my pain is diminished.  Hurrah for Norm.  Once again he has bailed me out.  

No comments: