Thursday, July 28, 2022

July 28, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My foot.

When I fell in the bathroom, I gashed the side of my left foot.     At the time, it did not bleed much so at the hospital, no-one even looked at my foot.  And neither did I.  Suzanne noticed it several days later, noting that I had received a nasty chunk removed from my foot.  She noted that it did not seem infected, which was good.  But it had started to swell and to get really red.  Both Gill and Mary Mac. wanted me to go to the out patients at the hospital so have a doctors look at it.

But Suzanne and Anna thought I should soak it twice a day in Epsom Salts, which I did.  I finally decided to go to the hospital, only to discover that I must wait 8 hours to see the doctor.  So I came home and I sent a picture to Norm, who wa on his way to Vancouver on a plane.  When he arrived , he asked me three questions: Was the area hot? Was there any drainage? And could we see any puss?  Our answer was NO.  He suspected that the bright red we noticed was part of the healing.  And as there seemed to be no infection, Anna and I were on the right track.

My foot is slowly getting better.  The dark red area is much smaller and the pink area less bright.  We have been soaking it twice a day, using peroxide and polysporin.  And my foot is slowly but very slowly improving.  Still no drainage.  Still no puss and still not hot.  Therefore, no need for antibiotics.  Whew.

Once again, I relied on the medical expertise of my nephew Norm.  In all the years, I have never needed the  advice of Norm.  But this summer he has helped me three times.  Thank heavens for Norm.  Doctors in Nova Scotia are in short supply.

No comments: