Saturday, July 23, 2022

July 23, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Ailments.

Many years ago, one of the receptionists told me one morning that she had a sore shoulder.  I laughed and told that as she was over 70, she needed to get used to the reality that something is always going wrong with her body.  We both laughed.  And continued to laugh about her ailments except she never mentioned that something was not working properly.  

In my own life, difficulties have happened to me in my 80s.  But I have trouble not to dwell on those ailments.  I am not thinking of the big illnesses, such as my stroke and breast cancer.  I mean the little nagging things that cause me not to function well.  For instance, just this year after I returned from Mexico I hurt my achilles which made walking difficult.  On the cruise I had trouble with my right sciatic nerve.  Then I had Covid.  Next up my back hurt a lot so much so that I took meds for back spasm.

And then I fell.  My eye is recovering from being black and blue , my legs are still shaky and I still am tending to the gouge on my foot.  I am soaking it twice a day but it still looks nasty.  It seems that something is always falling apart.  Or perhaps I am on a run of bad luck.  I am certainly ready for all these ailments to be gone.

No comments: