Friday, July 29, 2022

July 29, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Canadian Passport.

 When I took in my  Canadian passport renewal application into the Bridgewater office in June, they told me that I can renew with one year of the date that it expires.  So they could not accept my application.  And they urged me to hand carry my request into the Halifax office, where i was guaranteed to receive my new passport in 15 days.  The pleasant lady even made an appointment for me for July 29.  Today was the day.

I was not looking forward to the trip.  The office is downtown.  The city is busy and crowded.  But I had no choice.  Anna drove her own vehicle and with her GPS directing the way, we had no trouble.  We even had an easy parking space.  Actually, our day was perfect.  As we had an 11:30 appointment, we had no waiting.  We were back on the road heading for home in 30 minutes.

In two weeks, my Canadian Passport will arrive, which will tell me that I can take trips until 2033.  Being eternally optimistic the lady asked if I wished a 5 or 10 year renewal.  Now here we go.

No comments: