Friday, July 15, 2022

July 15, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My System.

 No question about it.  My system failed me.  My system was to always carry my cell phone with me so if I fell, I could contact someone for help.    Ken had given me a little phone purse that I kept with me one hundred percent of the time, slung across my shoulder.  I never moved around without carrying that little leather purse except when I went to bed, then I kept the phone beside me on the night table.  Unfortunately many falls occur  at night when old people like me go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and they fall without the phone by their side.

To make it worse, I had left the phone charging on the other end of the bedroom so I would have needed to get across the full length of the bedroom in order to get help.  Fortunately for me, David and Suzanne were here and fortunately David got up to go to the bathroom not long after I fell on Tuesday morning. My new system will be better.  Today David and Suzanne bought me an Apple Watch and tomorrow we will get it set up.  My plan is to wear my Apple watch during the night and charge it during the day.  I will still wear my phone slung across my shoulder but I will will also be wearing my new Apple Watch so that if I call, someone it will contact me to see if I need help.  This new system should be foolproof but, of course, I intend not to fall again.  

No comments: