Saturday, July 2, 2022

July 2, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Weather.

This morning I awoke to a world of fog.  I could see neither the ocean nor the trees.  The fog was thick.  I could have been living on an island.  And it stayed that way all morning, until almost noon when it started to rain.  At first the rain was light but it gradually increased in intensity.  Soon in the afternoon the rain was pelting on the windows because the wind had come up too.  Next came the thunder which lasted an hour.  Then gradually the rain stopped.  And soon the fog cleared a bit so I could see the ocean and the trees.  Today was a perfect day to stay at home.

When we first moved here in 1999, friends told is that if we did not like the weather, just wait because weather in Nova Scotia changes quickly.  Today was a perfect example.  I lived through fog, a rain storm, a thunder storm and finally clear skies.  And of course, the weather forecasting is difficult.  About half the time the weather man is wrong.  We have to forget the weather and just get on with our plans.  

This June has been cool which has meant that the blossoms on the trees and bushes have lasted a long time.  Very often, June has a lot of rain and fog but not this year.  It has been sunny but not very warm, which is fine for me.  But the gardeners tell me that the vegetable gardens are slow growing.  But the weather today has been interesting and I enjoyed my day alone in the fog.

No comments: