Tuesday, July 26, 2022

July 26, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. More Help.

 David and Suzanne suggested that I have more help at home so Anna agreed to work on Tuesday and Thursday, from 10 to 4.  And as usual from 9 to 5 on Monday and Friday.  I agreed with the plan but I did comment to Anna that she might be bored with not much to do.  But so far, the schedule has worked out fine.  We do things that we have never had time to do.

For instance, Anna brought an oatmeal dish she had made last evening.  When she arrived early at 9:30, we both ate our breakfast up in my bedroom, eating oatmeal squares and peaches along with tea.  Next she helped me shower, which she had never done before.  She actually scrubbed my back, which felt good.  And of course, I am also still soaking my foot twice a day, which takes time.  After I soak my feet in hot water and Epsom Salts for 20 minutes, Anna appleis peroxide, followed by essential oil.  And lastly, the antibiotic cream.   This all takes time.

And she has taken to setting out my dinners, using the leftover food from the caterers.  So Anna is finding things to be helpful to me.  Soon I will not longer need to soak my feet so perhaps I will be able to launch out to walk in town.  Having Anna four days is a luxury.  I feel spoiled.  And grateful for her time.

No comments: