Monday, July 25, 2022

July 25, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Sue and Steve.

Sue and Steve live along the shore from me, just the other side of friend Mary M.  They moved here just before Covid struck so of course, they have not met many people very well.  They are retired except Sue still writes and publishes books on education that she self publishes.  Steve is a wonderful gardener and Sue preserves everything he grows.  Somehow or another, I have gotten to know them.  They are energetic kindly people and I like them.

My foot needs to be soaked twice a day.  But on the weekend, I have no helper so I asked Sue and Steve if they could come down and do the job.  Anna has gotten to know them too, as we often return canning jars.  So Anna also drove down to explain to them what was needed.  This weekend they came morning and afternoon to tend to my needs.  And we had a good time too.  We talked .  And we talked.  And we talked. Steve did all the work while Sue sat at the table and talked.  I picked their brains as to how they met and how they married.  I now know more about them than I know that my siblings.

The most important thing about them is that I love living on the shore in Nova Scotia.  And they are perfectly happy being isolated.  Steve is never happier than when he is working by himself in his garden.  I also appreciated their kindnesses to me.  They bring me vegetables and other goodies.  And now they have been kind enough to come and soak my feet twice a day.  They are wonderful neighbors and I enjoyed their company.

No comments: