Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. Sports on Radio.

Every night I retire to the bed upstairs, long before I am ready to go to sleep. Sitting so long is difficult. Our condo bedroom is a loft that is open to the lower level, so when the TV is on, I can hear what is going on from the bedroom. So I lie on the comfortable bed and listen to the game from the TV. When I was a child and teen, we listened to a game on the radio. At school, if we were good, the teachers would keep the afternoon games on the radio, so from our class room we could listen to the games. It is where I learned to love the World Series games. The brain is a wonderful thing. You can see the whole rink or field, just be listening the words, all inside your brain. So when I am upstairs listening to the words on TV, I am actually reliving the days of sports radio. In many ways the picture in my brain is better than the pictures on TV because I make up the rest of the play that they do not describe. This dire disease has sent me back to my youth. In addition, after I fall asleep which happens around 10:30 or 11:00, Ken comes back down to turn off the TV. The system is good!!

No comments: