Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 15, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. The Pucks.

I ate the last puck yesterday and already I miss them. The first time Doreen shopped in Mexico, she bought a box of cookies that the picture looked like shortbread. But they were nothing like shortbread. The cookies were packaged with four in each container with ten packs per box. The first time we ate them for dessert, we all laughed. The cookies were hard and not a bit sweet but looked like miniature hockey pucks so of course, we all call them pucks. And no one would eat them except for me and Don. I don't know what was in the cookies but there was certainly no sugar. The interesting part of the pucks was that they seemed to settle my stomach. What ever was in the cookies seemed good for my digestion. From the taste, it seemed to be ground nuts. The medication I am taking does all kinds of funny things to stomachs so I got to eat a puck an hour before dinner, which made eating easier. So Doreen made sure we kept a supply of pucks in the pantry. When we left Mexico, I came home with two packs, which meant 8 pucks in all. Now they are gone and I already miss those pucks. Certainly you can not buy them here. No one would buy them.

No comments: