Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 8, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. Eyes.

Eyes are tricky. The second night after my first treatment my left eye would not work properly. In the middle of the night, everything was blurred from my left eye. During the daytime, some times it worked and sometimes it did not but as we went to Mexico the next day, I ignored it after I read in the side effects that vision loss was common with my medication. It was irritating because sometimes my left eye did not work well at all and even the right eye was not perfect either. But I could cope. When I mentioned it to the Oncologist here last Friday, she urged me to get to the eye doctor immediately, which I did on Tuesday of this week. Dr. Kosek checked out all the bad things my eye could be doing but fortunately I had none of them. No problem with retina or infection. And also fortunately, my eyes performed perfectly, in that sometimes they worked and sometimes they did not. Dr.K was delighted to know that I had a problem with the lack of moisture. To get better, he put in eye drops to wet them and like a miracle, both eyes got better. These drops are over the counter drops so I could have purchased them long ago. Now I am back to seeing perfectly well out of both eyes. It is a bit tricky as I must put the wetting solution more than 30 minutes after the glaucoma drops, taken 5 times a day. But I am managing and I am pleased to be able to read once again. Once again, sometimes I just get lucky.

No comments: