Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. Acts of Kindness.

When in Mexico, I learned the benefit of holding onto a strong arm when walking. Either Doreen or Rita or Ian were always at my side. Here at the condo, I am reluctant to walk by myself because I have no one to walk beside me and I am unstable. Ken with his Parkinons is almost as bad. This morning I walked around the parking lot and used the parked cars to steady myself. This afternoon when I started to do the same thing, a young lady was working with her flower pots and I asked if she would be willing to walk with me, with me holding onto her strong right arm. She was more than willing to help. In fact she offered to walk with me anytime and put her phone numbers in my phone. Our walk was pleasant and certainly safer for me. It was an act of kindness to me. This evening, Linda, Christina's mother, called to offer to drive me to my MRI tests. The problem for her is that we must leave our condo at 7:00 as my appointment is 8:00 and I must arrive 15 minutes early, so for her it is inconvenient. Ken and I have been discussing how I could get to the tests so her offer to me was the perfect solution. She solved our problem and we are grateful. It has another act of kindness that landed on my lap today and for that I am grateful.

No comments: