Monday, March 23, 2015

March 22, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. Treatment #5.

The nurse knows me as the patient who has no one accompanying her. It does not seem reasonable for a friend or relative sit in a room for five hours and do nothing except talk to me, so I have told folks that I can do it myself. I must say that in Mexico, when Doreen came with me, the treatments were more fun and the time seemed so be shorter. But I told Christina that I am not a wimp. so I drive myself and I drive home and I stay in a treatment room by myself watching TV , reading, and sleeping. And I think of the medicine going into my body in the IV as the healing water and I embrace the action. In other words, my attitude is upbeat and energetic and I expect the treatment will make me well. The first time I had a treatment, the nurse told me to use the restroom frequently. By the time the liquid hits the bladder, she told me, I should get it from my bladder and not leave the caustic stuff leave in my body. Today I fell asleep and forgot to use the restroom soon enough. Of course, I must push my IV tower down the hall to the closest restroom. Then I must get down the zipper of my jeans. My the time I was able to sit on the toilet, my underwear and jeans can clearly see my urine. I just laughed. But the nurse wanted the social worker to give me a pair of sweat pants. "No. said I. "I am just going home. And who cares if people know I wet my pants". For the rest of the time, I went to the restroom every 30 minutes. I learn fast!! But treatment number 5 will always remain in my mind as the treatment as the one when I wet my pants. Kind of funny, I thought.

No comments: