Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. Nikki.

Nikki is the nurse assistant to my Mississippi Oncologist. You e mail or call her about anything and she sends you in the correct direction. I have never met her in person but I have many e mails. She is pleasant and responsive but the thing she really wants for you is to get better. This morning early she received the report from my PET scan. She was so pleased she e mailed me part of the report. She told me that my red cells were higher and the PET scan was better than the last one. She was so excited she wanted me to know the good news. I have noted that folks seem to care about your health. I am a patient to Nikki but she has taken a serious interest in my health. Now she is a nurse with other letters after her name. Most nurses care about the health of their patients but Nikki went above and beyond just caring. I have an appointment with Dr. S. my Oncologist, on Friday where I will get the full report but Nikki could not wait that long to tell me that I had good news in store for me. I was pleased to read the report but even more delighted to read her pleasure in the telling. She really does want me to get better and she is not a friend or relative. It does make you feel good about your care givers.

No comments: