Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. PET Scan.

The memory is a wonderful thing. It removes anything negative from your memory bank, leaving only the good parts. Today was my second PET scan. I was interested to realize all the bad parts of a PET scan, until I was doing it all again.. Then I remembered. For instance, after the IV was hooked up and medicine injected, I was left by myself in a dimly lit room for an hour. No phone. No magazine. Just rest. And I must drink a full glass of water with sugar stuff in it. The elbows over my head was the part that was most painful. I had totally forgotten about the elbows, until he asked me to put my arms over my head. They still hurt. I remembered dealing with putting me into the tunnel. Last time I sang. This time I counted and got to 2059 before the test was over. The test is very high tech and fancy and the results are miraculous. But the test , like all tests, is not without it's level of discomfort. But the next time I must have a PET scan, I will never remember the difficult parts. I will have focused on the results. Truly. The memory is a wonderful thing.

No comments: