Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 19, 2015. Rigeland, MS. Pleasures.

We ended with ice cream. You just can not beat ice cream for dessert, especially when one of the diners is 7 years old. The appetizer was the best. Fig jam served with blue cheese or sharp cheese on crackers. Delicious. We six sat in the living room for both the beginning and the end of dinner. For the main course, I brought fried chicken while Christina prepared spinach salad while we sat at the dining room table. Last evening, Ken and I went to dinner at Christina and the girls. Kate came home from Chicago with a cold so we have stayed away, so it was a special event to all be together. And we enjoyed it. We sat in the living room and chatted as we snacked, just like grown ups do. The dinner gave us great pleasure especially as I had a good report from my PET scan. We celebrated and we enjoyed the dinner and each other. It was another simple pleasures of my life.

No comments: