Friday, March 20, 2015

March 20, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. Decisions.

Making decisions has never been difficult for us. Ken looks up as much information as possible about the topic being decided, and if we can afford it, we make a decision. But things are different when the topic under discussion is your health. On the one hand, the medicine I am getting every three weeks is working. The pleural effusion has almost all gone as has the mass in my chest. So the infusion has been working on the cancer and the cells both white and red are still working. At my meeting with the Oncologist this morning, it was clear that stopping the infusion makes the good doctor anxious. She does not wish to have me regress. On the other hand, I am getting debilitated. My legs are weak. Ken has bought me a cane and I use it. My balance is not good. My platelets are low. So the decision to stop the present medication and start a hormone type of treatment seems attractive. Except it sometimes does not work. Our decision was to have one more infusion and after two weeks switch to oral medicine. If it does not work, we can always go back to the IV treatment. Decisions are not so easy to make but we are happy having made it. Now here we go!!

No comments: