Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 31, 2015. Ridgeland, MS. The MRI.

Once again, I totally forgot. But it all came back to me. For three hours I was in the tube. At first, I wondered whether I might sleep but trying to sleep while the MRI is conducted is like sleeping at the carnival. There are bells and horns and bangs and every so often the whole bed shakes. Fortunately they give you ear phones so everything is a bit muted, but there was an amazing amount of noise. The last time I had an MRI was for just my head so it was fairly short. But today they were doing everything and the test took three hours, all the while the attendants admonishing me to stay still. It was almost inhumane, but the test got done. I sang inside my brain. Certainly could not sleep. Linda was a big help. Fortunately, she volunteered to drive me to the test, because I had fuzzy eyesight this morning when I woke up. Hats off to her. Once again, it helps to have good friends.

No comments: