Thursday, September 12, 2019

September 12, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Wool Socks.

Once again, it has arrived: The season of the wool socks. Up until Saturday, the day of the storm, I was wearing no socks. I wore sandals. But Saturday morning at home the temperature dropped so I turned on the propane stove and put on my wonderful hand knit wool socks. Once again I was warm. Outside now it feels as if summer is over so today I wore a pair of wool socks with proper walking shoes, not sandals. When I first arrived in mid June I put on my woolen socks but after a few days I took them off because the temperature was high enough but now in mid September I feel sure that the warm temperatures will not return. I suspect I am getting the reminder that soon I will be heading south. My mind struggles with the idea that Jackson yesterday had a temperature of 93 while we in Western Head it was 64 degrees. It does not seem possible. In two weeks I fly to Texas while I will not be needing wool socks. But for the rest of my time in beautiful Western Head I will be keeping warm by wearing my wool socks. The season of the woolen socks has begun.

No comments: