Saturday, September 14, 2019

September 14, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Getting Ready.

Recently, every time I sit to read or watch TV I reach for a blanket to cover my legs. Each morning when I come downstairs I turn on the propane stove to take the chill out of the room. The weather is still beautiful but a bit chilly. There is a nip in the air, which tells me that the time is coming for me to head south. My long time here is almost over so I have started the process of leaving. Today I contacted Eastlink to place my phone, internet and TV on a seasonal hold. For $15. a month I keep my phone number. In mid June, just before I return, the systems will be turned back on. On Friday, Anna and I moved some furniture in the garage, prior to parking the truck in the garage. I have started filling up my little rolling bag with items that must return to Mississippi. My traveling clothes are set out on a chair in the bedroom. On Monday, Anna and I will check out the Guest House before locking it for the season. The fridge in the garage is empty and open, as is the new chest freeZer. My leaving date is September 29th. My flight is early on the 30th so I will stay overnight at the airport hotel. Gill leaves to Toronto on the 29th so we will drive together with Mr. Gaskell, the shuttle striver. I like to enjoy my last days here so I plan ahead so I do not leave everything to the last minute. Somehow I can not think at the last minute so I plan ahead so as to enjoy the process and so I can remember all the details that need attending to. I am well on the way to getting ready for my trip to Texas, followed 10 days later to Mississippi. I feel sure I will not be needing a wool blanket on my legs to keep warm when I sit. I will soon be ready to head south.

No comments: