Tuesday, September 24, 2019

September 24, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Final Visit.

A public sale of the paintings and crafts was held on Saturday in the house of Bernard Bowles, our artist friend. I did not attend as our Gull Bay Group ladies said their final goodby, and were able to select any items to buy. Somehow or another, my brain was not in gear so all I bought was a cat, a pig and a mask. Since then I have thought of several items I should have bought. Cathy and Brian went to the sale on Saturday and decided to return today. Randy, the executor of the estate agreed to return. Several other people wanted to return too. I asked Brian to pick me up to accompany them. I had a wonderful time. I shop quickly so after ten minutes I had selected three paintings: two small pieces of Tony's and one larger one by Bernie. We arrived at 10:20 and we left at !:00. The rest of the time, after paying my bill, I sat in the sitting room enjoying myself, looking at the art and talking to the folks were selecting their art. The time just flew by. The house is also for sale at a price that I believe is too high, but we will see. Today was the final visit for me to see Bernard's home and art. From now on the only items I can enjoy will be in my own home. Ken and I enjoyed many pleasant visits with Bernie over the years. The most impressive part of Bernies legacy was his zest for living and art. He loved creating and he loved his life. He made his income from his art work. He was frugal and happy. He was a happy man. Today I said a final goodbye and a final thank you to Bernie, an artist of note.

No comments: