Tuesday, September 3, 2019

September 3, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. All By Myself.

On Friday evening, all by myself, I hosted a dinner party at home at Western Head. I have guests this year but only when I had house guests where they helped me. This time I got brave and invited friends to dinner even though I had no house guests. I must admit that Anna worked on Friday so she set the table and filled the water glasses. And she set out the appetizers of cheese and crackers and pate. Of course, I did not cook. I had one dinner left over from the caterer so all I needed to do was heat the chicken stew and rice, then serve the plates. First we ate a small salad, also left over from Stewart. And we ate rolls with the main course. For dessert we ate wild blueberries and cream. We were a group of 6, and a very congenial group they were. My friend Sandra was here, along with Loretta and Butch, Mary and Cliff. The evening was easy and fun. By 10, everyone had gone home and the dishwasher was humming along. I enjoyed their company and we all enjoyed the good food. My first dinner party all by myself was a success.

No comments: