Monday, September 9, 2019

September 9, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Christmas in September.

The power was restored at 3:30 this afternoon. Anna and I were giddy with glee. We felt as if it was Christmas morning. The real world had been restored. I had been just fine without electricity. I kept the propane stove going all the time to keep the house warm and to heat water in pots on the top. The small pots would never boil but the water got hot enough to make tea. And I used the bigger pot of water to stay clean. The toilets were only flushed as necessary. I ate food cold. Mary Mac kept my phone charged throughout the two days. But this morning Anna and I both went to the MacDonald's home to take a shower. Enough is enough with the dirty hair. After our shower and a cup of hot coffee with Walt and Mary, we walked around Privateer Park and saw all the debris scattered on the walks. The Mersey River had overflowed the banks during the storm and many trees had been uprooted. After our cold lunch, the lights went on. We danced for joy. Anna immediately ran the dishwasher. And she started a load of laundry. But last but not least, Anna made us a cup of hot herbal tea. We had just joined the 21st Century and we were pleased.

No comments: