Wednesday, September 18, 2019

September 18, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Surprise Lunch.

My plan for the day was to walk at the arena this morning. I had asked Transit to take me at 11:00 and bring me back home at 12:15. The rest of the day I planned to read and catch up with e mails. In other words, my day would be a bit boring. I had walked 2 laps when Mary and Walt came to walk. They walk 4 or 5 laps. When they were finished Mary asked me to go out with them for lunch, which sounded good for me. They drove home and after I was finished, my driver took me to their home, where I found them in their office doing some business. Soon we headed out for lunch. Port Grocer was the destination. I always enjoy eating there. Over the years, it has changed dramatically, all for the better, so it is a pleasure to observe success in action. We sat in the back on the porch overlooking the yard. You order at the counter and they bring you the food. The menu changes each day with two specials each day. Mary ate seafood chowder which she says is always good. Walt ate a big bowl of vegetable soup while I ate their pulled pork wrap with soup, which was their special. The food was delicious. And Mary paid the bill as I had brought no money. Walt drove home along the shore road which I always enjoy. My day turned into a delight. Unexpected events are always a pleasure. I enjoyed my lunch and visit with Mary and Walt. They are such good friends.

No comments: