Friday, September 6, 2019

September 6, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Generosity.

This summer, I have been the recipient of generous deeds. My brother and sister in law, Dave and Irene, have always been generous with Ken and me, but this summer they went above and beyond anything in the past. We went out to lunch several times a week. In the past, we alternated paying the bill. Not this summer. They paid for every meal in the restaurant. Of course, after the first three times when I was not allowed to pay the bill I left my purse at home. They bought and installed a new microwave. Our custom is to keep a grocery list on a pad by the back door. Before I could get to the store, they bought everything on the list. And Irene bought me the book from the Readers' Festival. I was grateful for all their gifts. This evening I had calls from friends. Jan and Larry called to see if I wanted to stay with them in town instead of riding it out by the shore. Mary came over to stack the outside chairs and turn over the tables. Gill called to make sure I had enough flashlights with batteries working to keep close to me. And Hettie called to remind me to fill the bath tub with water. These friends gave generously of their time. And they all encouraged me to call them if I needed help. I am certainly fortunate with the generosity of my family and friends.

No comments: