Saturday, September 28, 2019

September 28, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My last Day.

Today I experienced the best of living in Nova Scotia. Again the weather was glorious, clear and sunny and 65. With a healthy dose of wind. Perfect Fall day. In the middle of the morning, Wendy and Clausen came for tea and to say goodbye.. Conversations with them are always lively and entertaining and I enjoyed their company. After they left, I read the latest edition of the Canadian History magazine. I intend to finish it before I leave. I have studied Canadian history a long time ago so a refresher is always useful. While I ate lunch I watched the TV. I have a wonderful sports package so I can almost always find a game to keep me company. Today I was switching around the college football games which I enjoyed. At 4:30, Mary picked me up for dinner at their house with Walt's cousin Marsh. Marsh is one of those people who you would always wish you could see more often, but you never do. He is an interesting fellow. He just returned from a two week trip to Italy so I enjoyed hearing about his excursions. Mary is a good cook. We are salad, made of apples, cottage. cheese, nuts and a bit of lettuce. It was delicious. Roast beef, scalloped potatoes and asparagus for the main course, and fresh berries and ice cream for dessert. Our dinner was delicious. After dinner we talked in the living room for quite a while. Marsh usually leaves right after dinner but this evening we had a living discussion of places Marsh has not seen. And we discussed the places he would like to see but is unable to visit due to security issues. Then Mary and Walt brought me home. We sat admiring the beautiful skylight and the rough seas. And we three were all pleased we live in Liverpool. My day was a perfect example of my days here. Life is not fancy but is a series of small pleasant events. I have enjoyed my summer here.

No comments: