Monday, September 30, 2019

September 30, 2019. San Antonio, Texas. I Got Here.

I had a delicious dinner of smoked salmon, rice and asparagus. David smoked the salmon and Suzanne prepared everything else. I felt fortunate to be dining with my Texas family. My journey today went as planned. Both flights on time. But it was a long day. Staying at the airport hotel last night worked well. I walked from the hotel to the airport yesterday afternoon, just to be sure I could do it this morning at 5:00. I did not use a wheel chair in Halifax and I did fine. David picked me up at 1:00 and he stayed home all afternoon. The first thing he did was to introduce me to Linc. He is 6 month old and he is a lovely dog. He is obedient and loving. He thinks he is a lap dog and often tries to sit on David's lap. Linc follows David everywhere. It is sweet. Linc already retrieves well. He is much better behaved than I expected a 6 month old puppy would be. He is a good addition to this family. Tonight I hope to get a good night's sleep. The most important item of the day was to get here, and I did. Tomorrow I will be ready to attend Allison's volleyball game which I will enjoy. David smoked lamb chops and pork tenderloins, which I will eat for lunches here. They are all looking after me.

No comments: