Monday, September 23, 2019

September 23, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The last excursion.

To say that Anna has been a good helper to me this summer is a gross underestimate. She has been wonderful in every department. She helps at home, taking out the trash, making the bed, doing the laundry and unloading the dishwasher. The water reservoir and the tea and coffee pods are always full. My house is in order. She is a good driver so we get our errands done comfortably. She takes me to the arena to walk and walks herself, which she enjoyed. And most importantly, she does everything with good humor. She is a good lady and I have appreciated her company and will miss the two days each week I have spent with her. Today we took our last excursion. First we went to the mailbox and the bank. Next we drove to Greenfield to take two jars to the caterer, Stewart. Next we drove to Bridgewater for lunch, then decided to drive up the north shore of the river and take the ferry, which we did. We drove home my favorite drive, along the river and then the south shore. Finally we decided to get home quickly as we already had made Anna late. But before she left at 5:30, she made sure to make my bed. Anna is competent, energetic and gracious. Now how did I get so lucky?

No comments: