Monday, September 9, 2019

September 8, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The block party.

Sunday morning, Gill and Wendy came by to check on me. Mary and Walt drove out to bring me a charger for my phone, which was out of power. Then Heather brought me a strawberry rhubarb pie. The damage in Liverpool was due to the wind. Lots of trees down in town, including two over the road to Western Head. A power pole came down on Shore Road bring all the lines down. The water came over the causeway which is now covered with stones. But Liverpool did well with no houses badly damaged. At the height of the rain, I had dripping in the mud room but not much. Late in the afternoon Mary came by to tell me that everyone was to bring the meat from the freezer that would spoil and come to the home along the shore that used to be Marks. They have a generator and a big grill. We were to have a big block party. Two families I had not met at all because they moved in last summer so I was delighted to meet them. The food was excellent. It was a great idea. But I returned to a house with no power. Mary and Cliff brought me home in twilight so Was able to easily get upstairs and get ready for the night. Again more reading by flashlight. Again no shower. But all was well.

No comments: