Wednesday, September 25, 2019

September 25, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Schedule.

Several folks have e mailed me wanting to know my schedule for the rest of the year, so here it is: September 29, I drive to Halifax with Gill. Mr. Gaskell will drive us. Gill flies to Toronto. September 30, I Fly to San Antonio, changing planes in Chicago. I am looking forward to visiting David, Suzanne and the twins at their home. And I am keen to meet their new dog Linc. October 11 I fly to Jackson, changing planes in Houston. I stay at home the fest of the Autumn. December 18 I fly to Hamilton, Ontario for Christmas, where I will celebrate the Buckley birthday celebration. I have never been able to celebrate the birthdays with the Buckley until now. I will stay with Dave and Irene. Fortunately for me, Anne and Kenny from Vancouver will be there too. January 5 I fly to Puerto Vallarta with Wonderful Wendy and Ken. They will stay a month. Rita and Ian hope to join me in PV for February. February 29 I fly to Jackson, Mississippi where I stay until mid May when I go on the St. Lawrence River cruise. Today at lunch I had lunch at the home of Sandra. Nancy and John, the former mayor was there too. Sandra is a wonderful hostess. She is a good cook and often will try a new recipe for guests, which she did today. We ate chicken cooked in the oven with garlic, olives and broth. It was delicious. We all ate two pieces. And we ate rice cooked with chicken broth and peas. Cucumber salad in a light yogurt dressing was a perfect match along with cheese straws. For dessert we ate home made apple sauce and ginger cookies. Delicious. Today was the first time I have visited with Nancy and John this season so I was pleased to see them. I believe this is officially the last of my last chance social event and I enjoyed it.

No comments: