Monday, September 2, 2019

September 2, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Still Sea.

Yesterday while sitting on the deck all by myself, the sea was eerily quiet. I went out to admire the sparkling ocean, which was a sight to behold. But then I realized that I had sat down just as the tided was at the ebb. All the rocks were exposed and shiny but there was absolutely no motion on the water. I could have been sitting beside Ponhook Lake rather than by the mighty Atlantic Ocean. There was no nothin in the water but the gulls were busy searching the title pools for dinner. The scene was so unusual that I sat and waited for the waves to return. I have always thought that the tides are a bit of magic. The waves keep coming in and going out twice a day. But yesterday I could see no action. Eventually little waves began to cover the small rocks and eventually as time went on I could hear the waves and the rolling rocks. Again, all was normal. But for that half hour, my deck was silent. No waves. No wind. It was quite a sight with no sound at all. Kind of spooky.

No comments: