Thursday, September 19, 2019

September 19, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Landscape.

Last week I discovered that the path from the bench by the sea no longer is being kept open. The bench is the highest spot on our property and we used to walk and sit looking out to sea. Of recent years, we stopped walking there but we always kept the path cut. At least we thought the path was being cut. Early this week I asked the folks who cut the grass to open up the path. And I asked them to widen the path from the house to the lower deck and yard. In order for me to get to the lower deck I need an arm and the path was too narrow. I was specific with the directions. But the two young men went to the wrong bench on the wrong property. Wendy and Clausen have a hidden path to a lovely bench overlooking the ocean. Isaac, their lawn man had been careful to keep the path open but not to make it obvious. He carefully cultivated the foliage to hang over the entrance. It looked graceful and lovely. But my guys quickly cut them all back, leaving a four foot entrance to the once hidden bench. Horrors. My friends and neighbors were not pleased. I called Wayne who was apologetic but the damage was done. They were clearly on the Ely's property. When I asked him he said they just looked for a path and a bench and started cutting, even though the path clearly did not lead to our lower yard. These things come to try us. I feel sure that Ken would have given better instructions. In the meantime, I can not put those carefully tended plants back in place. I was not pleased but have no idea how to solve the problem,. I just hope the grasses and bushes grow quickly.

No comments: