Saturday, September 21, 2019

September 21, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. End of Season.

This morning, Heather called to see if I could go out to lunch today. We decidied a few weeks ago that if she would pick me up, I would pay the bill and we would go out for lunch. She knew I was leaving soon, so today we went out to lunch at the Riverbank in Mill Village. Of course I was delighted and we had a pleasant time eating the good food and talking. She and Ross bought our cottage so I needed an update on the improvements. They are adding 18 feet to the front and digging out a basement where they will have two bedrooms and a full bath. They hope to have it finished by next summer. Last evening we dined at the home of Cathy and Brian. They invited us because we were soon heading south. This evening, our Gull Bay Group went to White Point for dinner, because we will all be leaving soon. This was our last supper of the season. Tomorrow I am taking Anna and her family out for Sunday dinner. We will eat at Paul's. Then we will go to White Point for dessert. Neither Anna's husband or son have seen the resort. And of course, we must have this date before I leave town. Last week I had lunch with two friends who wanted to have lunch with me before I got away. My social life has been booming since I am looking at my departure. It has been fun, attending all these special events. The only problem is the food in my fridge. I thawed food to eat before I left but I have eaten out so often the food is still in the fridge waiting o be eaten. I have asked Anna if she would like to take any food left over and she said yes. My food problem is over. I will just continue to enjoy my social life, which has been the most active of the season.

No comments: