Friday, December 11, 2020

December 11, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Faithfulness.

Every morning I sing the hymn about faithfulness. Sometimes I even sing it out loud. I am singinging about the faithfulness of Regina., Every morning early, before I am even awake I receive a text from her. She started the first day I began radiation and she has continued. Every morning I receive a cheery message. Today she told me to have a fabulous Day. "May your cup overflow with Peace, Love, Joy and pure Awesomeness", she said. Now that is a good way to start the day. She always says good morning and always ends with "Have a safe and blessed day". I retired 9 years ago so I have not seen Regina since we moved from Maryland. But we have been in touch via e mail. Bot only now and again, certainly not every day. She still binds my blog every year so we have been in touch on a semi regular time. We worked together for a long time, perhaps 23 years. I did not know she read my blog or how she knew I was taking radiation. But she has been faithful throughout my ordeal, which turned to be much worse than I anticipated. Now I wonder how long she will continue to send me these morning greetings? Will she wait until all my side effects are gone? At work, I could always count on Regina but this faithfulness is remarkable even after all those years apart. I am inpressed. The first thing I do every morning while sitting on the side of the bed is read the text from Regina. Then I sing the hymn about faithfulness. No question, that is a great way to begin a day.

No comments: