Thursday, December 3, 2020

December 3, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Travel.

Every day, between 1 and 2, I go travelling around the world, courtesy of PBS. I also eat lunch while watching. Rick Steves has my attention for the first 30 minutes. Earlier this week we visited Etheopia which was all new to me. Another day he spent the whole show on Barcelona. Ken and I spent a few days at the end of a cruise and we enjoyed our visit. Everything I saw on TV was familiar but I loved seeing things again. Today I toured 5 Swiss cities, which meant they moved too quickly to learn anything but certainly were interesting. Joseph Rosendo is the host of Travelscope. I had not seen him before this year but his show is worth watching. He spent the whole program on Zurich which is more to my speed. I had only spent one day in the city so I was happy to learn about the old city. Today he toured the Pacific Highway from Santa Barbara to Big Sur. The scenery is gorgeous. Ken and I drove the same route many years ago so I was familiar with the scenery but the program visited small towns which I knew little about., so I enjoyed the program. Ken and I have travelled quite a bit but many spots are new to me. As I love to travel, but am not able to do much these days, enjoying the two travel shows vicareously whets my appitite and gives me a good travel fix. These two shows are a pleasant hour in my day, thanks to PBS and those two gentlemen. I like them both.

No comments: