Saturday, December 12, 2020

December 12, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas 2019.

Timing is everything. One year ago I was getting organized to fly to Ontario to celebrate the Buckley birthdays and the Christmas season. What a good thing we did because this year in Ontario there will be no large celebrations. But last year we celebrated in style. I had a wonderful time. I was part of parties both big and small. Alana gave a tea for the ladies of the family, held at Wendy's home. Alana made all the fancy goodies for the tea complete with fine china tea cups and saucers, just like olden times. The event was elegant indeed. Christmas day we dined with all the relatives at Norm and Diane's home. There must have been 35 people enjoying the good food asnd the company. And we dined out in small family groups too. I feel so grateful that I decided to go last year. This year everything would have been cancelled. But next year in 2021, Dave will turn 90 so I left my warm clothes in the bottom drawer of the guest room dresser just so I can use them next year. I am hoping that this virus will be all behind us. Christmas 2020 will be a horse of another color. Fortunately my timing was impeccable because this year I am staying in Mississippi for the holiday season, both Christmas and New Years. And when the weather gets wet and chilly, I will fly to Mexico where the weather will be 80 degrees. My timing has been good.

No comments: