Sunday, December 6, 2020

December 6, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. 83 Years Old.

I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on December 6, 1937, thus making me 83 years old today. My brother is older than me. Only Grandma Houghton lived as long as Dave and me in our family. She died at 95. I feel fortunate to be still walking and talking at 83. My celebration started on Saturday when flowers arrived from Suzanne, David and the girls from Texas. I have had a wonderful birthday. Christina, Kate, Mary Frances and Molly brought brunch to celebrate my birthday. We ate Thai food at my request. Christina gave me a cranberry cake for my birthday. And we took a picture of the girls and me, which was fun. Then the girls looked at old pictures. Irene had sent me pictures from Vancouver days which started them on to open the boxes of pictures. I had a happy time during their visit. During the afternoon I talked with the Davids in my life: brother Dave and son David both called to wish me Happy Birthday which I appreciated. Friend Carrie down the street invited me to celebrate my birthday at their place so at 6:15 Brooks came to pick me up for dinner. I enjoyed the wonderful dinner along with the good company. Carrie served shrimp and grits along with a salad and home baked bread. And an apple tart for dessert. My day was complete. I have celebrated all day and for that I am grateful. I

No comments: