Sunday, December 13, 2020

December 13, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. A Quieit House.

On the bar of my house sits a fine Bose radio. It is fancy because the computer controlls the music. You can download the music you want, then play it on the good little radio. My problem is that I do not know how to make it work so I have no good radio in my house. Ken knew how to make it play music most of the time but even when Ken was alive I was never able to make the darn radio work. For me, that works fine because I actually discovered that I like the house quiet. I like to know what is happening outside so I listen to the birds and for the boats on the reservoir. And I try to figure out where the motors I can hear when the leaf blowers are doing their work. I have friends who keep their TV on all day, just for company. My friend turns his set on when he first gets out of bed and it atays on until he goes to bed. He is not the only friend I know who does the same thing. That would drive me nuts. My friend in Nova Scotia keeps music playing on her TV all the time they are not watching TV. And they leave the music playing when they go out. Not me. I have discovered the joys of keeping the house quiet so I will not be quick to buy a real radio where I can actually turn it on and off. Every so often I fiddle with the one sitting on the bar but to no avail. My house will be quiet unless I turn on the TV when I want to watch something specific. I think I am old fashioned!!

No comments: