Friday, December 18, 2020

December. 18, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Spur of the Moment.

Late yesterday afternoon, I needed to pick up a prescription at the drug store. My across the street neighbor has often told me that she would be happy to pick anything for me, either at the drug store or the grocery store. Instead of calling Lyft, I texted Donna to ask if she had errands to run tomorrow. She suggested I might come with her. And she suggested that we stop and say hello to our former neighbor, Sandy and Archie. Quick as a wink, I texted Sandy. She was delighted for us to come and take tea. Just like that, we had a date. The new house is lovely and we enjoyed our visit. Donna and Sandy drank a glass of wine while I enjoyed a cup of spiced tea. We arrived just after 2 and left at 3:15. I enjoy Sandy and Archie. but they are very busy. And they spend 6 months in Nort Carolina so we do not overlap much. But I always enjoy their company and today was no exception. Our timing was perfect. Sandy and Archie. seemed delighted to see us and as we did not stay too long so they did not get bored. Sometimes, last minute plans are the best. Today was one of those days. We also stopped at the pharmacy on our wayhome. Success.

No comments: