Tuesday, December 22, 2020

December 22, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. A Busy Day.

For me, it was a busy day. My friends from down the street came for cofrfee and a piece of Christina's cranberry cake. Carrie and Brooks have become good friends. They are also interesting and fun. Brooks is writing his forth book, this one about his grandfather who lived in western Pennsylvania not far from the farm. His grandfather spent time in jail for embezeling so he is an interesting charachter. Brooks has never been to that area of Pennsylvanis so they were interested in the topography. They came about 10:15 and left just as my Lyft driver, Forrest, had arrived at 11:30. Perfect timing. I enjoy their company. Forest was here to take me to Sal & Phils for lunch with Lisa. We always enjoyed our time together. She is well organized and energetic, which is a good thing because she has always home schooled their four children. But they send the children for the last two years of high school to an academy just so they can get the kids used to college life. Now their oldest child is at U. of Mississippi in Oxford while their son is at the academy in the 11th grade. Lisa reads a lot. And she is a wonderful cook. So in some ways we are similar and in other ways we are not alike at all. After lunch, Lisa takes me home and we talk a bit longer. Before children, Lisa was a nurse but she allowed her liscense to lapse. So today we talked about what she will do when all the children have left home. Lisa teaches a Shakespeare class with 8 children who are all home schooled. They reay the plays out loud which the kids seem to enjoy. She was wondering if perhaps she could teach English at one of the private schools. Interesting thought. Or she might get furthur training in nursing. When Lisa brought me home she also gave me a Christmas goody bag. Inside was a big loaf of her home made bread. At 4:30, I ate a piece of the fresh bread and butter which was delicious. Lucky me.

No comments: