Wednesday, December 9, 2020

December 9, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Oh Bother.

Kate has been driving our Ford Escape ever since she got her license. I was able to put her on my insurance policy with only a few dollars extra so it worked out well. But Kate has purchased her own car so no longer needs the Escaps. Kashina would like to buy it but the car is old and needs brakes and a new power steering system so I do not wish to sell the car to Kashina. Christina and I decided to donate the car to The Salvation Army. The problem is the title, which is in Ken;'s name only. In order to donate the car, I must transfer the title to my name. Oh Bother. Christina called the Madison authorities and was told that if I went to the tax office and took the title and a death certificate they would send me a new title in my name. I knew that was going to be too easy so I was apprehensive but Kashina and I drove to the tax office with our papers. First we needed to stay in the car and get in lane one, which we did. When we gave our documents to the lady, she told me that we needed to have any living children sign another paper which needed to be notorized. Even though I had called on Tuesday to be sure I was going to the right place, no one said a word about another document. So now I have sent the paper to David where he will sign and return, all by snail mail. Nothing is simple. Now the Escape is sitting outside at Christina's house, waiting for the title to be changed so we can donate the car. And I bet when we arrive at the same tax office they are going to tell me that the paper was incorrect. What a bother.

No comments: