Monday, December 7, 2020

December 7, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Another Celebration.

And the beat goes on. Tonight, Donna, my across the street neighbor, brought me a surprise birthday dinner. Her husband, Gregg, picked up dinner at Amerigo, and she ordered dinner for me. She gave me a bottle of white wine to enjoy with my birthday dinner. She sent everything: lasagna, salad, bread and dessert. I would only eat one half of everything so I will have meals all ready the whole week. And the wine must wait for another time. Because of the recurrent nausea that comes with the radiation, I must eat small amounts of food at any time. But now I am able to eat proper food, just small portions. Maybe I might even lose weight which will not please the Oncologist. Something good comes from everything. My bout with radiation is a perfect example. I have been miserable and my neighbors Donna and Carrie have been a huge help. They drove me each day that Kashina was not working to drive me and they brought me good nourishing food. We are closer now than we were before. Tonight was a perfect example as was dinner with Carrie and Brooks last night. Now I am not perfect but I am getting better bit by bit. Or perhaps I am managing my symptoms better. These surprises from my neighbors have been delightful. Now I think my celebrations are over, until next year. But I ceertainly have enjoyed my birthday celebrations. I feel fortunate indeed.

No comments: