Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December 30, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Getting Ready.

For the first time when flying to Mexico, I am taking a bag to be checked. As I will be by myself, I am taking reading material. Beside my breakfast chair has been four books waiting for me to read. Two are non fiction that I have started but not finished. Two were written by friend Brooks who lives down the road. And I am taking several Commentary and New Criterion. They will not all fit in my small roll on case. Usually I take my back pack and the small roll on case with medications. And I always take overnight materials just in case I get stuck in an airport and need to stay in a hotel. But not this year. I am checking a bag. I am always surprised how many details need attention when organizing for a trip. My routine is to put out my case a week or two before leaving. Bit by bit I assemble the object I must take. The list is long and complicated. I must obtail my medications for ten weeks, plus my chemo. Just today I realized I had forgotten to put calcium in the case. Now I counted out the correct number. Everything has been done except for the last evening, when I load the computer and iPad into my back pack. And I have not changed purses but that will be done on Friday. The journey seems simple because my clothes are alredy in the locker in Mexico but i must keep my brain in gear to complete the list of details requiring attention. As Gill has said,"When travelling you must be constantly on duty". And she is correct not only during the journey but also when getting ready. I think I am ready.

No comments: