Wednesday, December 23, 2020

December 23, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Computer Troubles.

I have had no computer difficulties for two years. I have been amazed. But that easy street ended last Thursday evening. All was well as I logged into the computer. The blog popped up, just as usual. But then the screen flashed a time or two. Then it went black. And stayed black. I did everything I knew to breathe life into the black screen to no avail. As I always do when I have trouble I called Clever Christina but she had no words of wisdom. Nothing happening with the computer. Fortunately I am able to write the little blog on my I Pad which is what I did on Thursday night. On Friday Christina stopped in to see if she could help. But again no luck. So even though I prefer writing on the computer, I am able to use the I Pad which I did Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, Christina brought another computer from Ken's office when it became apparent that the electricity or connections would not solve the problem. Ken always kept a computer on both floors so Christina made sure the computer from downstairs would be set up for me. Ever since, I am using the downstairs computer, which is working just fine as it sets on the table in the breakfast room, just as always. My problem is that I must make an appointment with the Apple store to see if the black screen could be fixed. I can not do that as there are too many people around me. So I remembered that Chantes' son Michael had a good friend who owns a computer store so I called Michael. He offered to pick up my computer early Monday morning and take it to his friend, which he did. My problem is that since the computer walked out the door I have heard not a word. It has crossed my mind that I may not get that computer back before I leave for Mexico. I also wondered if I will ever see that computer again. Solve one problem and another comes along. But so far all is well. Two years with no computer issues is pretty good.

No comments: