Tuesday, December 29, 2020

December 29, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Housekeepers.

I use a company to provide a person to clean the house. Beverley owns the small company. Teresa (her spelling) is the lady who keeps my house clean. I like her but she is not a particularly good cleaner. For instance, for three visits, the same white marks were on the bathroom floor close to my sink. On the third visit I was forced to point out the objects on the floor. Evidently, when she washed the floor, she just washed right over the white objects stuck to the floor. Also I do not really need someone to clean every week because I do not really get dirty. But I have her come every week because I am only here part time and I want the house cleaned when I return. Also Teresa is plesant. After she has finished her work, she sits down in the living room and chate for a bit, which I enjoy. This week, Teresa is taking the week off so another lady, Missy, came this afternoon. She had a cancellation so was able to come to clean the house. What a difference. Missy is everything that Teresa is not. She really makes the house shine. Clearly, she has been well trained to be a housekeeper. But she did not sit and chat with me. Now I must think about what to do when I return. Should I ask Bev if Missy could clean for me? I think at the moment Missy is fully booked and works for two people every day. Teresa does the same. These ladies work hard. But Missy works harder. I have always been surprised when people stop the house cleaner coming after covid. These people need to work to pay their bills. Missy wore gloves and a mask today as does Teresa. And Teresa has always kept her distance from me. I even have friends who are doing their own cleaning. But not me. As long as I have funds, I will keep these cleaning people employed. But today I noticed the difference from one cleaner from another. Kind of interesting.

No comments: