Wednesday, December 16, 2020

December 16, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Cards.

Memories flood back with every card I write. For instance, I have exchanged Christmas cards with Mary and Ted for many years. Now when I sign the card, I smile. Mary M. worked as one of the two administrators when I was an agent in the office. Mary looked after my business and we got along well. Then I was asked to be the manager and I became questioning to both ladies how we could be more effecient and more productive. Both Mary and Murmie though that nothing needed to change. But I knew changes were coming. Within a few months of changing systems, both Mary and Murmie asked to move to offices close to home. I hired Regina and Carol E. who worked with me for the next 23 years. We invited Mary and Ted to our Christmas parties and we stayed good friends but 6 mon ths after Mary left for the Rockville office, Mary called to tell me that she had made a big mistake and she wanted to return. But I had no position. The first year as a manager, volume was $275,000. with 2 admin ladies and a part time person in charge of advertising. When I retired our volume was $2.3 million with 2 admins and one full time advertising person. Carol and Regina got effecient. Mary died 5 years ago, and last year Ted remarried. Now I receive a card from Dori and Ted. And I smile.

No comments: