Saturday, December 5, 2020

December 5, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Pet Peeves.

Unique is an absolute. There is no need to modify the word but you hear it all the time on TV. I find it silly and irritating. Harry Truman was my model when it comes to behaving as a president. After he completed his terms as president, he returned home and lived in the home inherited from his mother in law. He was definately not rich. "The presidency is not for sale", is what he responded when he was asked to receive large sums of money for a speech. He also once said of another politician who had gotten rich that any politician who becomes rich as a politician is involved in something corrupt. I hate to see these politicians get rich. It is unseemely and I do not like to see it. And I do not like those ads on TV that tell you to call if you owe the IRS. Presumably, the company will negotiate a lower amount. The same is true when you have heavy credit card debt. What about all of us who paid our taxes and always paid off credit card bills. Rewarding bad behaviour is a bad thing and I do not like those ads. I could go on. But enough is enough. My pet peeves are off my chest.

No comments: