Friday, December 25, 2020

December 25, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Day.

No question about it. Today was an unusual Christmas Day. But I have noticed that people seem to be enjoying their Christmas Day, even though the day was different. No big gatherings. Folks are dining by themselves. Presents are dropped off without gifts being opened. Food was delivered and heated up at home. No grandchildren going to grandparents homes for gifts or dinner. The quiet of Christmas was unusual. But it was pleasant. My day was lovely. I talked on the phone to relatives from 10:30 to 1:30. I chatted with Dave and Irene. And I talked to son David. They are enjoying Christmas at the lake, which is a first for them. And I talked with Anne, Kenny and Elise from Vancouver. And I talked with Norm and Diane. All these relaives I dearly love. Last year we were all together. But not this year. Last evening I talked With Wonderful Wendy. Wendy and Ken are not coming to Mexico this year so Ken gave Wendy a tortilla maker for her birthday. This morning they ate a typical Mexican breakfast. The picture looked great. Then Christina and the girls came mid afternoon to bring our Christmas feast. First we all opened our gifts, one by one. We were all pleased. Before dinner we drank a glass of wine sitting admiring and discussing our gifts. Finally we ate a traditional Jewish Christmas dinner: Chinese food. We have done this for several years. It is fun. And the food was delicious. For dessert we enjoyed Carrie's goodies. I had set the table with the good silver and Waterford so the table looked festive. And we drank our wine from colored crystal glasses, which impressed Molly. After they leftin the early evening, I texted with Suzanne and other folks I had missed wishing Merry Christmas. Then I put away all the decorations. My Christmas season has been wonderful. Now it has ended.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth!

I stumbled upon your blog while working on my husband's family tree. His grandmother Lillie (aka Lizzie) Buckley was born in England and immigrated to Canada in the early 1900s. I think you may be related to Lillie.

Anyway, it sounds like you had a very nice and fun Christmas.

My husband, Bruce, and I celebrated Christmas at home this year. We brought out our fine china and dined on sesame chicken, sticky rice, and vegetables. We chatted with friends and family via text and Facebook Messenger. Although Christmas was different this year, we had an enjoyable day.

I enjoyed reading your Dec 24th and 25th posts. Thanks for sharing!

Kim